Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join us! A Software Engineer at Snowflake will work directly with our growing engineering team in Bellevue WA to evolve and build new capabilities for our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need strong engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas.
In this role you will be able to take ownership over design and development of one or more key areas of Snowflake. Build high quality and reliable systems and features that directly address customer requirements and meet business goals. Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, reliability, and availability of a large scale distributed system.
Our ideal Software Engineer will have:
- 3+ years industry experience creating commercial software products and/or services.
- Deep expertise building systems technologies with Java , C/C++, or C#
- Excellent computer science fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills and ability to work in Linux environment.
- Experience delivering production grade systems software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, advanced degrees valued.
- Able to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
Bonus point for experience with the following:
- Large scale distributed systems, concurrency, transactions and consistency models.
- Experience with systems related technologies (i.e. Database internals, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, File Systems, Network stack)
- Experience building core components for database or data warehouse systems, or other large-scale data processing solutions (Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, etc).
- Contributing to open source projects in the big-data/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Knowledge of in the internals of cloud infrastructure- AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and/or Azure.
- Experience developing, delivering, and running complex SaaS services.
- Understanding or expertise in Security and/or Identity/Authentication concepts, protocols, and related technologies.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake in Bellevue?
- Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles.
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers truly love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system reliability, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Learn about and contribute to highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on thousands of machines.
- Help build not just an incredible technology and service, but also an amazing company and culture.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
As a member of our team, you will:
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.