Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As an engineer in the data platform, you will work on solving challenging problems in Internet security, building innovative service for continuous data ingestion and processing, and computing service that support popular programming languages and machine learning algorithms.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform at Snowflake you will perform one or more of the following:
- Build driver SDKs and provide guidance to 3rd party connector development and tools integration.
- Build cutting edge continuous data ingestion and processing service.
- Integrate with computing platform like Spark and build database extensibility features.
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform have:
- Experience in one of more of the following: building Internet security libraries; building streaming related products or services; building computing platform like Spark; delivering drivers or developer SDKs built on top of RESTful web service APIs; building ETL functionalities in data systems.
- Expertise in at least one of the following (bonus for more than one): C++, Python, Java, NodeJS, GoLang, C#, Ruby, PHP.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, especially in a cloud environment.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written, and an interest in working with a diverse set of peers and external developers.
- Genuine enjoyment of the art of building great software, and a love of learning new things you’re not afraid to challenge existing preconceptions with the goal of making the developer experience pure magic.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science equivalent majors or above.
Why join the Engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.