Senior Manager of Growth Operations
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Over the past year, Snowflake Computing has climbed from #88 to #17 on Forbes’ Cloud 100 List - but we’re not stopping there! To meet our growth objectives we’re looking for a Senior Manager of Growth Operations to lead evaluation and execution of strategic growth initiatives across the company. In this role you will work with Snowflake’s executive team and functional leaders across the organization to evaluate growth opportunities, develop the business case, frame the problem set and scope of execution, and partner with functional leaders to design and execute implementation plans. In this role you will have a significant opportunity to impact the growth, direction and future of Snowflake.
What you bring: You love combining strategy with execution, and you roll up your sleeves to bring plans to life. You are a “full stack” player; comfortable in lead or support roles across a variety of projects and responsibilities. You have a passion for technology and the role it plays in market, industry and company change. As a builder at heart, you have an appreciation for the operational components needed in order to build a world-class SaaS company.
About the Job:
- Evaluate strategic growth opportunities: new vertical market entry, geographic expansion, new product introduction, new partnership and distribution models
- Develop business cases, including opportunity sizing, market and competitive strategy, functional requirements and execution timeline. Partner with finance business partners to develop supporting budgetary estimates.
- Work with the executive team and functional leadership to design and develop execution plans, leveraging best practices, subject matter expertise and internal lessons learned
- Manage day to day execution of strategic initiatives, including framing the problem set, scoping and structuring execution plans, facilitating working team meetings, performing quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform decision making, developing and tracking deliverables and reporting on progress to the executive team
- Proactively identify the need for stakeholder involvement, identify and resolve roadblocks and risks and manage day to day execution of the initiative(s)
- Facilitate joint problem-solving with mid-level and senior-level business partners
- Develop metrics to measure and manage initiative progress and success relative to objectives, works the Analyst team to implement data-driven reporting
- Build and employ data-driven and scalable business processes to support concurrent execution of growth initiatives within company time and resource constraints
- Minimum 7 years total professional experience
- Prior experience in management consulting with a focus on operational transformation, corporate strategy/development, product or technical program management
- Experience identifying, evaluating and analyzing business opportunities
- Experience managing large-scale, cross-functional, revenue facing projects
- Experience working across multiple business units/functions to drive decisions
- Experience in B2B technology market environments with exposure to Software or SaaS businesses preferred
- Understanding of core business processes in a B2B technology environment; sales, marketing, product development, customer support and success, professional services
- Strong academic record required; Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred, engineering degree a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- SQL skills a plus
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to develop trusted peer to peer relationships across a diverse set of stakeholder communities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to balance time and effort across multiple projects while supporting emergent needs
- Team player able to effectively lead virtual, cross-functional teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to author presentations and written documents at a senior executive communications level
- Experience with business modeling; operational and financial analysis
- High energy, positive attitude and motivated
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.