EMEA Legal Counsel
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As part of Snowflake’s phenomenal growth, we are expanding our legal department to help us scale. We are looking to add an experienced International Legal Counsel with responsibility for the EMEA region, based in London (EC2).
The International Legal Counsel will be a key business partner to all Snowflake teams in EMEA. This individual must be comfortable giving strategic, creative, and business-savvy legal advice and must independently own matters while operating under the general management and direction of Snowflake’s EMEA and APAC Legal Director (also in London). This individual must be comfortable interacting with leadership and the broad employee base, and should embrace projects big and small.
The International Legal Counsel will be responsible for a wide and complex array of matters in the context of a high growth, dynamic, international operation. The emphasis will be on supporting various aspects of Snowflake’s pioneering cloud data services business. He or she will support Sales, Services and Support, Professional Services, Marketing, IT, Business Operations, Human Resources and Finance across the region.
As International Legal Counsel you will:
- Negotiate commercial agreements, including master services agreements, data processing agreements, evaluation agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other technology agreements with a rapidly expanding base of customers, corporate partners and vendors.
- Be responsible for foreseeing and protecting the company against legal risks arising under existing and evolving laws and regulations, including data protection law, employment, and other relevant laws.
- Help shape EMEA business practices by addressing opportunities for contract and process improvements – both globally and on a local basis.
- Manage localization of forms and non-standard contract provisions.
- Work closely with the EMEA Marketing team and serve as the primary contact for providing legal support for marketing activities in EMEA.
- Provide legal support to the HR team on EMEA employment matters.
- Provide education and training to EMEA staff.
Our ideal International Legal Counsel will have:
- Law degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice law in Europe.
- Minimum of 7 years’ legal experience, with emphasis in the following areas: commercial drafting and negotiation; data protection, intellectual property; employment.
- Experience with technology including cloud / SaaS.
- Experience in operating in an international environment, with the ability to negotiate and draft in legal English and, ideally, with proficiency in French or another European language.
- Must be able to quickly identify issues, communicate to management, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to act as a strong legal advocate within and outside of the company.
- Occasional travel required – within EMEA region and to California HQ.
- A sense of humor!
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.