Software Engineer in Test, Query Processing
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re hiring a talented Software Engineer in Test, Query Processing who will be part of the team building the core query optimizer and distributed query and data processing engine, which is at the heart of the Snowflake product. This role is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact to our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment.
As a Software Engineer in Test, at Snowflake you will:
- Develop automated tools and tests for groundbreaking products which allow Snowflake to provide industry leading data warehousing capabilities.
- Build tools that allow Snowflake to ensure a quality product is released every week.
- Pinpoint problems, instrument relevant components as needed, and ultimately implement solutions.
- Advise other members of the engineering team on how to build software with quality and testability in mind.
- Evaluate and determine priorities with a critical understanding of how software quality impacts customer experience.
Our ideal Software Engineer in Test, will have:
- 5+ years hands-on software engineering experience.
- Proven experience developing comprehensive and effective test tools, performance tools, and frameworks.
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance, multi-threading, and schema design.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Fluency in SQL, Java and/or Python preferred.
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions for complex problems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Why join the Query Processing team at Snowflake? As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Measurably impact an innovative product area central to Snowflake’s success.
- Take charge of your own career- this role has the impact and ability to grow both technically, as well as from a leadership perspective.
- Ensure the quality, performance, and reliability of a super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Learn at scale as you work on a highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines and executes Billions of queries.
- Ensure that we are shipping the highest quality service possible at each weekly release.
- Be part of a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.