Cloud Security Architect
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for a cloud expert passionate about security to join the Snowflake security team as our Cloud Security Architect. The ideal candidate will lead the way for our software developers and operations engineers to build and scale highly secure cloud-based services.
- Design the "big picture" security posture for the Snowflake service
- Review new components from a best practices architecture perspective
- We are multi-cloud- ensure our posture is the same across cloud providers
- Build threat models for how sophisticated adversaries might attack Snowflake applications
- Identify application security requirements for Snowflake's products and services
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise in one or more cloud provider policy frameworks, especially IAM
- Familiarity with a configuration management framework
- Development background, ideally Java
- Knowledge about cloud provider cryptography services (KMS/HSM)
- Proficiency in secure network design
- Experience with application and architecture security reviews
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.