Technical Product Manager
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We are looking for a talented technical Product Manager to join our rapidly growing Seattle area team! Our product managers oversee the product functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use cloud data warehouse. We need someone who has the breadth of skills and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the Snowflake product, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve. Specifically, the person hired for this role will be a key figure in driving key strategic efforts related to Multi-Cloud support, Cross-Cloud and Cross-Region Snowflake, the Snowflake developer eco-system, Continuous Data ingestion, and emerging Data Lake scenarios.
As a Product Manager at Snowflake you will:
- Define and evolve the picture of success for one or more key areas of the Snowflake product.
- Work in a cross functional and collaborative role spanning product, design, development, QA, marketing, sales and support as well as our business partners.
- Collaborate across the PM and Engineering organization to help drive buy-in and agreement on the product.
- Manage programs and structured projects related to the design and delivery of engineering efforts Partner with other Snowflake Product Managers on cross company initiatives.
- Lead customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers both onsite and in customer offices to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Help coordinate project execution across feature teams in Seattle and San Mateo.
- Own end to end projects related to customer scenarios, product requirements, priorities, customer previews, and product/feature evangelism.
- Manage a robust local customer community.
- Leverage data to help find the best solution to our complex problems.
Our ideal Product Manager will have:
- The ability to grasp the breadth of the Snowflake data warehouse product and at the same time, dive down to the detailed level of a specific feature.
- Prior experience executing a vision from start to finish in the past, with an ability to take a one-word, or one-sentence, product vision and expound on it to drive a product roadmap.
- Proven expertise understanding the voice of the customer and partnering across engineering, marketing, and sales to deliver compelling products that meet those customers needs.
- Decisive and detailed oriented personality, and ready and willing to stand by their decisions.
- Ability to thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup from its early days. That means flexibility and willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographies.
- 3+ years of experience in software development or product management.
- Deep understanding in the area of Big Data analytics, Data warehouse and/or cloud technologies.
- Direct experience with SQL, Hadoop, and/or Spark is a big plus!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.