Director, Financial Systems
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
As our Director of Financial Systems, you will work in partnership with internal and external teams, to drive execution of the systems transformations, while providing expertise in the design and delivery of the Finance Transformation Roadmap. Reporting to our CFO, you will bring technical expertise, process prowess and strategic leadership in pursuit of bringing business value to our internal partners. In your first 30 days, you will understand the depth and breadth of internal organizational functions and processes, but also provide thought leadership, identify technology, resources or vendors that will compliment, innovate and make valuable contributions to strategic initiatives. As our Director of Financials Systems, you will bridge the gap between IT and other business groups for Finance. It is a great opportunity for someone like yourself that wants to make an impact to our company
- You will assist in system transformation in using WD Financials, applying your expertise and knowledge of financial processes and standard methodologies.
- Be a functional guru by leading all aspects of the transformation process, collaborating with executive leadership and successfully working with key business partners.
- Drive execution transformation program including roadmap design, service delivery model, business case, project milestones and deliverables while incorporating best practices and technology solutions.
- Provide mentorship and team leadership to ensure the successful transformation, ongoing maintenance, administration and continued improvement of Workday Financials.
- Actively lead and engage at both the strategic and detailed program levels.
- Participate in change management activities associated with process improvement, engaging leadership and partners to obtain support and consensus for a change.
- Develop performance metrics to measure the impact of implemented process changes.
- Help implementation partners and consultants to facilitate success, ensure accountability, execute timeliness, maintain governance and continuously facilitate change as you deliver on-time, quality results.
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives and provide recommendations accordingly.
- You will work cross-functionally to ensure the development and implementation of appropriate processes, operations and systems.
- Provide strategic and operational oversight on the future design and approach to scaling Snowflake’s SaaS business.
- You will facilitate the decision-making of key partner, operational, and executive steering committee meetings.
- Lead weekly communication with cross functional partners to keep in alignment, while resolving conflicts. Ensure that you and your partners stay tuned to the true north of the project's objectives and outcomes as it pertains to meeting business needs, company goals and initiatives.
- Identify, communicate, and raise project issues and risks promptly and formally.
- You will drive risk mitigation plans in close collaboration with Business and IT, PMOs and Executive Leadership.
- Consummate Finance professional, with a minimum Bachelor’s Degree and 13+ years of related experience
- You have experience in large scale Finance ERP or system implementations, preferably in fast-growing software or SaaS, Workday Financials strongly preferred
- You bring strong functional knowledge of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Operations.
- You have strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- You have the ability to influence and communicate at the Executive level and affect change at all levels of the organization.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.