Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is looking for senior software engineers with background in machine learning to built the next wave of intelligent features in our service. Our problem domain includes optimizing resource provisioning and management, deciding and executing storage and execution strategies to optimize performance and cost, providing tuning and featured recommendations to the end-user, etc. We are looking to utilize machine learning to optimize internal service policies, add intelligence to user-facing features. At the same time, we are working towards enabling customers to utilize machine learning over their data in Snowflake by making Snowflake a platform for machine learning.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
- Build and tune machine learning models that support internal Snowflake resource policies and machine learning platform features.
- Utilize vast amounts of service data to generate execution strategies, and to design and build intelligent features.
- Understand customer requirements and business goals, and participate in the design of machine learning platform features.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance.
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer will have:
- 7+ years industry experience designing and building systems, machine learning models, platforms and frameworks.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Deep Fluency in Java, C# or C++. Python experience a plus.
- Experience with common ML frameworks such as Spark, MLlib, Tensorflow, Pytorch, XGBoost, or scikit-learn.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers.
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience in building highly-scalable models for optimization and classification problems.
- Experience in building machine learning execution platforms and frameworks.
- Experience in adapting machine learning techniques to highly parallel and distributed environments.
- Data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions.
- Development experience in one of the major clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.