Senior Business Systems Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The Financial Business Systems Analyst (BSA) role is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies supporting financial systems. This role works closely with internal Financial Business Operations leaders to effectively manage project plans and implement change management to financial systems.
- Builds the foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to business vision
- Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the business users and the project team
- Facilitate and act as a liaison between the technical team and the business team
- Ability to navigate the project team, IT personnel and business sponsors through a level of ambiguity including business process change; building organization and structure to requirements to drive out and define detailed requirements in an efficient manner
- Act as the project manager for implementation of the solution – identify stakeholders, risk identification and mitigation, communication, define and drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate)
- Provision new users, manage workflows, manage system configuration, and general end user assistance.
- Collaborate with development teams and SaaS vendors to identify system improvements.
- Design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
- Manage prioritization, implementation, and change management of application changes/enhancements.
- Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Create technical documentation and conduct end user training.
- Document all changes to the SaaS systems, ensuring SOX compliance readiness
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Workday Financial ERP System experience a must
- Understanding of business Financial processes, including but not limited to; Accounting, AR, AP, etc.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Successful in dealing with company personnel at all levels
- Ability to work independently
- Project Management experience
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Tax (Avalara), Procurement (Coupa) and credit card platforms
- Understanding of Global entities processes/challenges
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.