San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The Tax Manager will assist the Head of Tax to ensure tax provision and compliance meet tax regulations and law in an accurate and timely fashion. The Tax Manager will be responsible for the Domestic and International income tax provision, including consolidation and oversight of foreign provision prepared by local country provider, and tax compliance.
What you will do:
- Prepare the quarterly and annual income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740
- Prepare detailed U.S. tax return work papers, including book-to-tax differences
- Assist with coordination of corporate income tax returns prepared by outside tax firm and perform a detailed review of the returns for all countries
- Building out the internal control processes
- Perform tax account reconciliation and account rollforwards for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
- Coordinate with an outside firm on preparing and reviewing sales and use tax, GST, VAT, and property tax returns
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or process to improve tax function
- Liaise with corporate finance, accounting, legal, human resources and other business partners within the company on tax-driven matter
- Assist with special projects, such as international tax planning, tax audits
- Minimum 5 years of experience in both public accounting firm and multinational hi-tech corporation
- BA/BS degree required, CPA preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience with ASC 740 and US GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and completing projects in a growing and fast-paced environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, across functions, organizations and with external contacts
- Ability to work independently
- The individual must have the highest standards of integrity, business controls and practices
- High proficiency in Excel
- Workday accounting system knowledge/experience a plus
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.