Senior Counsel for IT, Procurement and Real Estate
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake’s mission is to enable every organization to be data-driven with instant elasticity, secure data sharing and per-second pricing, across multiple clouds. Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Snowflake seeks a business-savvy to serve as Senior Counsel for IT, Procurement and Real Estate. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, you will be a member of a growing, world-class legal team. In this role, you will play an integral part of critical decisions made daily in a fast-paced exciting environment.
As Senior Counsel, you will:
- Provide practical and business-minded legal support for various G&A functions of the company, including Procurement, IT and Real Estate
- Handle the legal negotiations for all transactions coming from the Procurement, IT and Real Estate
- Help define technology and purchasing policies for Snowflake employees and infrastructure
- Resolve complex issues arising in the internal operations of a fast-growing company expanding internationally
- Enable compliance with policies and uphold highest ethical standards in corporate dealings with external service providers
The ideal candidate will have:
- 15+ years of commercial legal experience, preferably in-house with a successful, high-growth enterprise SaaS company
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong experience scaling legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Familiarity with of worldwide data privacy regulations
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- The ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment and alignment with our Snowflake values
- High level of professionalism and strong integrity
- A JD degree from a leading school
- Bar membership sufficient to practice in-house in the relevant jurisdiction
- A sense of humor!
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.