Workplace Operations Manager EMEA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
About Global Workplace
The Global Workplace Team’s mission is to create an environment for our high performing teams that allows them to realize their true potential. An environment that promotes speed of information exchange and ideas. A sustainable environment that aligns with our environmental values and leadership. We’re disruptors and innovators, driven to provide a truly outstanding workplace environment, programs and services.
Snowflake has an opening in our London office for an adaptable, proactive and diligent Workplace Operations Manager. This position requires an extremely thorough self-starter who possess outstanding workplace operations and team management skills, and who demonstrates exceptional diligence and attention to detail. You will shepherd, build and manage the Global Workplace Operations team across EMEA. You will be extremely proficient at taking the initiative to drive results with minimal supervision, be solution oriented, deal with ambiguity, rapid changes in priorities and short deadlines, and have the ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional internal and external stakeholders and vendors, including senior executives.
Reporting to the VP, Global Workplace, based in North America, you will supervise a variety of strategic and tactical facility support functions and duties including;
- Hire, lead and mentor the EMEA Workplace teams, including the facility support team
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight for EMEA-wide Workplace operations team, programs and projects
- Ensure the smooth and continuous operation of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, life safety and other systems, and oversee preventative maintenance, inspection, and service schedules for all systems and equipment, and ensure maintenance related problems are quickly addressed.
- In partnership with the Workplace Operations team in NA, track EMEA headcount forecasts and consolidate space requests to assist with the development of a strategic CRE plan.
- Assist with identifying and securing new real estate to meet the business needs, and support the development of budget forecasting for new office opex, and the development of the business justification
- Manage the landlord/tenant relationship for all leased space, and local City /County and planning department relationships
- Manage communication between Workplace & local leadership on all space initiatives and projects.
- Manage workplace operations for all EMEA offices — events, foodservice, janitorial, mail, storage, parking/ transportation, etc. and strategic management of workplace operations at all EMEA locations
- Develop the EMEA Workplace opex and capex forecast, in partnership with other Workplace teams, and track spend against the budget/ forecast, including the 2 year facility and equipment repair and maintenance budget
- Develop and track performance metrics for space utilization, costs and team performance, and track appropriate KPI’s
- Oversee compliance with furniture and space aesthetic standards and provide input on adjustments to standards where appropriate to reflect the local culture
- Coordinate and manage all inter and intra-office moves and restacks
- In partnership with the NA Design/Build team, help determine the space needs, design and layout and be the liaison between the occupying department leaders, finance, and the Workplace Design/ Build team & oversee through completion.
- Oversee shipping and receiving of goods, including handling deliveries and freight;
- Coordinate and manage new space commissioning and decommissioning at the end of a lease
- Oversee general equipment and furniture inventory management, utilization and moves;
- Undertaking frequent physical inspection of all offices to ensure high standards for cleanliness, maintenance and overall office look & feel is being maintained
- In partnership with the NA Security team, be responsible for physical security systems and compliance at all EMEA offices
- Lead the ERT Program.
- 10+ years workplace, facility or construction management experience
- Formal training in real estate, workplace and/or facilities management
- Leadership skills with the ability to develop and lead a diverse team of workplace professionals at all levels, and communicate with upper management,
- Able to provide vision, solutions, education, analysis, and input for continuous improvement of the workplace team.
- Be able to prove the necessary expertise and experience to manage a growing team in a rapidly growing organization
- Significant people management experience - hiring, mentoring and leading - and a network of individuals that will willingly follow you in the next step in your career
- With a positive attitude & “can-do” mentality you will be an extremely adaptable, self-starter with excellent customer service skills
- A strategic thinker, tactical do-er, you will be equally comfortable presenting to senior executives as managing the janitorial team
- Excellent listening skills, organizational skills, & strong communication skills with leaders & executors
- Demonstrable ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and demands
- An excellent communicator and leader
- Willing to travel as necessary, and manage employees and work performed remotely
- Highly proficient with project management tools, Excel and the Office Suite, and at developing and delivering reports, analysis and presentations
- Strong work ethic, commitment to quality, & proven follow-through skills
- Fluent English - plus points for Dutch and German
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.