Executive Assistant - Office of the CEO
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake Inc. is looking for a rockstar CEO Executive Assistant (EA) to support the CEO and his office. The position is located at our San Mateo, California headquarters. We are an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are an energetic, self-managed professional with an outstanding work ethic we would love to hear from you.
The EA will manage the overall operations to the office of the CEO with discretion and professionalism. They will ensure appropriate time allocation to key priorities, both business and personal. This role is for a highly motivated and organized individual who can effectively multi-task while operating in an incredibly fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
Responsibilities will evolve and include:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO & his team including: managing an extremely active calendar of global appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing confidential communications; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure integration and alignment of the CEO’s personal and business calendar and obligations.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and adjusted as needed. Helps the CEO stay on time throughout the day.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and gracefully, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Takes a proactive approach to anticipate competing priorities, identify potential scheduling conflicts and challenges and work with peers and other stakeholders to resolve them
- Partners with the Chief of Staff to arrange and schedule meetings & events, including coordinating the agenda, preparing any meeting materials and or presentations, scheduling the conference space required, coordinates all IT resources and catering
- BA or BS degree or equivalent preferred
- 15 or more years of C-level executive support experience strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and in a trustworthy manner
- Experience working with very senior leaders to help them balance and integrate work and life priorities. Willing to engage with the CEO’s spouse and other key stakeholders to help achieve this balance.
- Be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response in a global growing market
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with cross-cultural stakeholders, including staff, partners and other key stakeholders
- Lead and coordinate special projects as needed by request of CEO and management executive team
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to support professional executive communications
- Highly resourceful, and extremely effective as an independent individual performer and team player
- Solution-oriented mindset that goes beyond the boundaries of individual roles and responsibilities. Experience anticipating and preparing for the needs of an executive leader
- Growth-mindset - motivated by learning and willing to jump in and figure things out
- Comfortable delivering under pressure in an ever-changing environment
- Strong business software application skills (Google Docs, MS Office, etc.)
- Experience supporting CEO is strongly preferred with exceptional customer service, and with adaptability to many different working styles and personalities
- Positive attitude and ability to work with and manage multiple cross-groups as a professional liaison
- Driven with a passion for technology and the involvement in the growth of a rapidly growing company
- Strong work ethic, this is not a 9-5 job, able to manage off-hour requests
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.