San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The ideal candidate will leverage his/her privacy expertise coupled with an understanding of the Software as a Service landscape to proactively contribute to Snowflake’s privacy program. The Privacy Analyst will report to the Chief Privacy Officer on the Legal team and will have effective project management skills to communicate and interface with internal cross-functional partners, implementing company-wide initiatives and ensuring compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements while maintaining industry best practices. This is not an attorney role.
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years privacy and/or compliance experience preferred
- Familiarity with U.S. and international privacy laws and standards, such as HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, Privacy Shield is preferred
- Familiarity with cloud computing and software as a service and ability to quickly learn new software applications and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to function independently and within a team with minimal supervision, demonstrating excellent judgment, attention to process and detail
- Strong project management skills including collaboration, consultative facilitation, risk analysis, prioritization and project planning
- Self-motivated, highly organized, with a solution oriented mindset and able to develop innovative solutions to issues
- Experience analyzing business processes and putting together process flow, and recommending process changes and efficiencies
- Ability to interact with management and staff in a fast-paced team environment
- A good sense of humor and passionate about your work
- BA or BS degree
- CIPP certification a plus
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists with implementation and maintenance of various privacy programs and initiatives
- Key driver of privacy initiatives, including Privacy Impact Assessment processes, vendor risk management program, maintaining records of processing, data mapping and required annual risk assessment deliverables
- Help develop and revise privacy policies, procedures and guidelines
- Prepare privacy training materials and conduct training for internal teams
- Maintain subject matter expertise with regard to applicable regulations and ensure corporate compliance initiatives are evolving to meet the needs of the customer base
- Partner with Snowflake internal Security, Product, Engineering, HR, Marketing and other business teams to ensure effective privacy requirements are maintained
- Ensure timely identification, mitigation, resolution and reporting/escalation of existing, emerging and upstream regulatory risks and issues
- Manage customer and data subject privacy inquiries and requests
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.