Sr. Product Designer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re hiring a talented Senior Product Designer to join us! This position will work directly with our design, product and engineering team in San Mateo, CA to evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need strong system thinkers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly and who are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas, including making contributions to open source big data projects.
As a Senior Product Designer at Snowflake you will:
- Work closely with product management and engineering to influence and direct the design of features that address customer needs and provide an optimal way to interact with the product.
- Gain familiarity with our domain and product through independent research and internal training.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (founders, product owners) and seasoned users (database architects and innovators, SQL experts, data scientists) to understand business and user needs for existing and new offerings.
- Develop pixel perfect designs, prototype interaction behaviors, conduct design research and customer interviews.
- Conduct design reviews to validate ideas and incorporate useful feedback from engineers and product owners to iterate on the design.
Our ideal Senior Product Designer will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of web application design experience for enterprise and consumer products that shipped.
- A design portfolio demonstrating your approach to design including research methods, flow diagrams, sketches, high fidelity designs, prototypes and final results.
- Experience with at least one prototyping tool (eg. Axure, Framer, Principle)
- Proficiency in developing pixel perfect mockups using Sketch and/or Adobe Design tools.
- Have exceptional verbal & visual communication skills to communicate vision and inspire.
- Care not just about design and production tasks but the entire product ecosystem.
- Ability to switch between design exploration and production level design and experience working in an iterative, agile development environment.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- A degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or similar field related to Human-Computer Interaction is desired; degrees in biological sciences or engineering will also be considered with sufficient experience designing software interfaces.
- Designing complex data-heavy enterprise products.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.