Technical Community Moderator
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The Technical Community Moderator will be a strategic member of the Snowflake Lodge Community. They will be responsible for creating technical content that helps resolve common questions asked in the community as well as assist directly in the resolution of technical questions. The Technical Community Moderator will be seen as a subject matter expert and leader in transferring knowledge of Snowflake to customers through the community across multiple channels, including: written content, scripts and webinars in order to accelerate their technical on-boarding journey.
As a Technical Community Moderator at Snowflake, you will:
- Create and share technical content to help onboard customers to Snowflake, the data warehouse built for the Cloud.
- Apply database and data warehousing industry/domain/technology expertise and experience to create or adapt content to be used in the community to help customers
- Work with other business units to adapt technical content into the community
- Deliver content using a variety of presentation formats including technical blogs, webinars, forums and video
- Strong eye for design, making complex training concepts come alive in a blended educational delivery model
- Monitor and ensure that questions in the community that require technical concepts are addressed
- Foster and grow other external community champions
- Help build-up external champions in the community
- Prioritize, create, integrate, and publish training materials for Snowflake end users; drive continuous improvement of on-boarding experience.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong data warehouse and data-serving platform backgroundRecent experience with using SQL including in complex workloads.
- 5-10 years of experience in technical content development .
- Prior experience with other databases (e.g. Oracle, IBM Netezza, Teradata, …)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of delivering results in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience working cross functionally, ideally with solution architects, technical writers, and support
- Strong sense of ownership and high attention to detail
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience with other databases (e.g. Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, Redshift, …)
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, …)Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, …)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, …)
- Experience with ETL pipelines toolsExperience using AWS and Microsoft services
- Candidates with degrees from fields such as Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.