Senior Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As a Senior Software Engineer in Data Infrastructure, you will:
- Drive projects from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
- Build a reliable, scalable, and near real-time central data repository for Snowflake leveraging Snowflake technologies.
- Build insights and intelligence on top of our central data repository.
- Enable data science organization, business groups, engineering teams to build analytics quickly and effectively.
- Identify the gaps in our data infrastructure and design and build the solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following experiences.
- 10+ years of experience in distributed systems, some of which are in the data warehouse or data infrastructure software development.
- Experience in handling large amount of data and real-time event streaming.
- Extensive and strong development experience in Java, Python, and SQL.
- Strong skills in diagnosing issues in a highly distributed environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in ML is a big plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.