Sales Compensation Manager
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The Sales Strategy and Business Operations Team at Snowflake is looking for a Sales Compensation and Quota Manager like yourself to support the explosive growth of Snowflake’s sales teams. You will own and be responsible for Snowflake’s global compensation and quota planning process. In this role, you will combine strategic planning and analysis with operational execution. Responsibilities range from strategic (designing compensation plans aligned to company objectives and strategy and building consensus among sales leadership) to operational/tactical (driving plan implementation and ensuring metrics can be tracked and monitored in an auditable system).
- You will own, lead and manage the annual commission and quota planning design cycle for all departments within the go-to-market organization
- Manage the communication process with field and relevant stakeholders on policy and program changes
- Be a trusted advisor to the sales organization and recommend solutions to compensation and performance related issues
- Ensure quality control [data governance] and tracking standardization for all variable measures
- Track and monitor offline plan measures (e.g., splits, new logo credits)
- Work cross-functionally with the sales planning and finance team to ensure proper tracking and reporting of all territory and quota changes
- Monitor, analyze and present compensation plan effectiveness to sales leadership, finance, operations
- Play lead and supporting roles in sales compensation and quota programs and infrastructure projects such as: automating commission payments and performance reporting, Salesforce.com data structure design to facilitate tracking and reporting, and sales program (SPIFFs) design
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in sales compensation design, preferably within the enterprise software space
- Working Knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, leverage points, industry standard OTE: Quota ratios, on-target earnings)
- Ability to perform regular and ad-hoc analytical requests and summarize results in a concise and effective manner
- Ability to manage cross-functional stakeholders and build consensus
- Exceptional quantitative analysis skills, proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL, relational data and BI tools
- Experience implementing Salesforce.com and Xactly automation
- Undergraduate degree in business, statistics, economics, or other quantitative disciplines
- MBA degree preferred
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.com.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.