Financial Systems Lead
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As the Financial Systems Lead, you will be responsible for maintaining and configuring Snowflake’s financial systems across finance and accounting. You will be responsible for coordinating with key business partners regarding their business requirements and functioning as the functional lead for Workday Core Financials.
We are looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented individual with great communication skills. This person should have a track record of understanding business requirements and ensuring that automated solutions meet the needs of the business.
- Act as subject matter expert and key resource for newly implemented Workday Core Financials modules
- Maintain business processes, custom fields, validation rules to meet business needs
- Work with EIB (Enterprise Interface Builder)
- Act as reports admin (Report Writer), create and maintain Workday Calculated Fields and Custom Reports
- Configure new Chart of Accounts (entity, cost center, department etc.)
- Configure Workday security roles and groups to the required level of confidentiality and segregation of duties
- Identify root causes and resolve Workday functional issues
- Manage Workday updates and releases cycles for the finance organization and understand the business impact to ensure smooth transitions
- Provide training, documentation and support to finance business users
- Gather business requirements, perform fit/gap and impact analysis
- Maintain data integrity cross all financial systems
- Partner with stakeholders from Finance, IT, Sales, Operations, Product Management, Engineering teams to support new products and processes
- Organize and manage all aspects of projects from start to finish
- Drive business process improvements.
- 3 years of Workday configuration experience: strong knowledge of Workday Financials
- 5-10 years of professional experience supporting a Finance/Accounting organization
- Possess a good understanding of Core Financials processes, accounting practices, and SOX compliance
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (waterfall or agile) a plus
- Previous experience with ERP, SaaS applications, planning and BI tools (Coupa, Xactly, Looker, Tableau etc.)
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, IT or related fields
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.