Freelance/Contract Social Media & Brand Manager
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, Social Media & Brand Manager to act as Snowflake’s brand guardian and also help uplevel Snowflake’s social media channels. As our Brand Manager, you will be focused on tracking brand media KPIs, and working closely with Snowflake’s CMO, VP of Corporate Marketing, external brand agency, and internal marketing teams on holistic external campaigns on a national and international basis. As Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for both social media strategy and execution to increase brand recognition and engagement for a worldwide B2B audience.
This will start as a contract position but can grow into a regular gig.
Primary Responsibilities as Brand Manager include:
- You will own the day to day execution of Snowflake’s brand strategy, managing up to marketing executive leads
- Ensure that Snowflake’s brand experience is consistently executed across all communications channels
- Lead the development, and collaborate with Snowflake’s agency and marketing leadership team on the creation of creative marketing campaigns, including billboard advertising
- Expand and further build out our brand guidelines including refreshing photography and iconography that can be used across all Snowflake departments
- Lead team of freelance designers
- Ensure that all campaigns are aligned with business growth goals, informing groups across the organization of best practices and learnings that should inform strategy
- Manage brand agency’s workload, ensuring accountability, sticking to workback schedules, managing workflow
- Be an internal brand ambassador. Identify and champion innovative brand media opportunities
- Work closely with Analytics lead and product teams to develop and track how brand goals impact behaviors across the funnel
Primary Responsibilities as Social Media Manager Include:
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to help generate compelling content for the social channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter)
- Define, execute, track and report well-structured campaigns to drive meaningful insights
- Manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance of social channels
- Establish the KPIs for the social channels and track performance. Report on these weekly.
- Prioritize social media post requests in accordance with team guidelines
- Working with marketing managers to develop strategies to grow follower base to achieve team goals
- 3-5 years of experience in social media and brand marketing
- Experience developing and executing a social media program for a B2B business and growing the social presence
- A creative force with proven experience in developing ground-breaking campaigns
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Experience in leading design teams
- Ideally both in-house and agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or other related field or equivalent experience
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.