International Benefits Program Manager
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for a solution-orientated International Benefits Program Manager who will be responsible for helping us develop and scale our global benefit programs to support our rapid growth. This role will require you to demonstrate expertise in successfully implementing and administering group benefits plans, programs, policies and processes for a growing number of international countries.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and administer all benefits programs internationally including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Manage global benefit renewal process including benefit enrollment system, vendor management, and employee communications.
- Manage financial wellness plans (statutory & insured pension). Work with local benefit brokers to recommend market competitive insured pension plans and ensuring compliance within the regulatory environment.
- Evaluate benefits policies and programs and make recommendations to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements.
- Partner with our global benefit consultant and local benefit brokers and vendors.
- Partner with third party administrators to resolve employee claim issues and inquiries as needed.
- Support projects focused on driving operational excellence around digital transformation of benefit systems and solutions – experience implementing Thomsons Online preferred.
- Manage global leave of absence programs. Work with global LOA manager to establish global leave of absence, parental leave policies and practices.
- Manage corporate wellness programs, initiatives and activities with a focus on increasing employee engagement and helping to build a strong culture of health and wellbeing.
- Research competitive regional and industry benefit trends and best practices for ongoing program evaluation thru participation and analysis of benefit surveys, industry networking and other sources of information.
- Support new country entry initiatives by providing market intelligence on benefits, set up requirements and best in class benefit programs
- At least 8 years of global benefits administration experience
- Experience in building market competitive benefit programs that provide an exceptional employee experience within a high-growth technology company
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners across the organization and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities with varying deadlines
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable with ability to demonstrate appropriate judgement needed to operate independently under limited supervision
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of international country specific regulations, filing and compliance requirements, affecting employee benefit programs, including statutory and insured pension plans.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.