Sales Enablement and Training
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
About the Team:
The Sales Productivity team’s mission is to enable excellence at scale across Snowflake’s sales organization. Our business requires that sellers consistently operate at the top of their profession, helping our customers apply innovative technical solutions to company-changing business initiatives. Against a backdrop of exceptional hiring velocity and rapid internal promotions, we provide our teams with the structure and content to accelerate personal growth.
We do this by identifying, codifying, and operationalizing best practice. We ensure that every seller, sales engineer, sales development rep, and member of our alliances team has the knowledge, skills, and tools to exceed their targets while preparing to rapidly advance to the next level. Moreover, we ensure that management has the right tools to create accountability for and coach to best practice.
We have 3 primary practice areas across the team:
Learning experience design
About the Role:
The Sales Training Content & Certification Developer is an individual contributor role whose major objective is to design, develop, deploy, and measure engaging training content for Snowflakes Sales organization (Pre-Sales and Sales).
- Content Creation: Partnering closely with Sales Productivity team members and cross-functional partners to create training assets (including videos, slides, and documentation). Identify best training modality and use appropriate course design and development tools to create effective online, live classroom, or blended training.
- Onboarding: Take an active role in onboarding our Sales new hires. This will include building content for and possible co-facilitation of a four day Sales Academy.
- LMS Management: Manage and maintain content in our Learning Management System (MindTickle)
- Assessment: Support the assessment of each of our training initiatives, including constructing dashboards to communicate learning outcomes and to evaluate learner feedback.
- Disseminate Best Practices: The ideal candidate will have a strong hand in creating a center for excellence. They will share their expertise by building a library of best practice documents and templates to assist others in content design and development.
The Sales Training Content & Certification Developer will be lasered focused on increasing the quality of our content and the overall learning experience for our Sales team members.
- Learn our product and how we sell. Complete all seller-oriented onboarding activities. Note strengths and weaknesses of the content and mode of delivery.
- Establish a plan for content redesign and build
- Attend Sales Academy (virtual prework plus four days of intensive experiential learning)
- 1st wave of content revisions (30 day new hire content)
- 2nd wave of content revisions (60 and 90 day new hire content)
Your Talents and Strengths:
- High comfort with ambiguity and creating structure where it does not exist.
- You are a learning leader and are comfortable in leading others through the content design and development process according to best practices/adult learning theories.
- Desired: Have had a leadership role in some capacity and is comfortable guiding subject matter experts.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.