Director of Enterprise Deal Desk
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is looking for an experienced Deal Desk Director to build out a world class function within the Sales Operations organization. This person will support the sales team by providing guidance to help close deals that are beneficial both to Snowflake and its customers. He or she will need to be able to think creatively about our deals in order to come up with strategic solutions that meet the customer’s needs while maximizing revenue.
This person will need to become an expert on internal practices and procedures, as well as identifying and creating necessary procedures so Snowflake can continue to grow and scale. He/she will need to be trusted by partner teams such as Revenue Accounting, Legal, Sales Operations to understand and convey their needs to the sales team when structuring deals.
Basic qualifications for this role include:
- Ability to think strategically when designing deal pricing to maximize revenue while not delaying deal closure
- Creativity to come up with solutions that fit a customer’s unique needs and identify upsell opportunities
- Clear communication and experience training Sales teams in best practices
- Proven track record of thought leadership within an organization
- Team leadership skills including an ability to motivate a team towards a common goal and mentorship to help team members develop both hard and soft skills
- A history of close partnership with Legal to negotiate agreements
- Experience in creating a strong foundation for a successful Deal Desk to continue to grow upon as our team expands
- Successful at building cross functional relationships
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the sales lifecycle
- Understanding of CPQ and Salesforce
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.