Information Security Compliance Intern
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Because Snowflake handles a wide variety of data for its customers, it is imperative that Snowflake have a disciplined and strategic data protection program. The Snowflake Information Security Compliance Intern will be responsible for working with cross-organizational Snowflake personnel to gather and conduct analysis in order to comply with Snowflake's security and privacy policies and procedures, and customer obligations.
As an Information Security Compliance Intern at Snowflake you will:
- Support and enhance IT Security and Compliance processes
- Gather customer security requests
- Create dashboards and establish metrics to drive efficiency
- Conduct internal audits
Our ideal Information Security Compliance Intern will have:
- Understanding of Cloud SAAS environments, administrative application
- Achievements that demonstrate that the candidate is extremely detail oriented
- Proficiency with multiple spreadsheet and system tools including gmail, sheets, docs, etc
- Achievements that demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Achievements that demonstrate exceptional organizational skills
- Extremely high ethical standards as proven by successful background checks and references
- Previous experience working with a variety of personalities from a variety of cultures
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Must be local to the San Francisco Bay Area
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.