Senior Credit and Collections Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As a Senior Credit and Collection Analyst, you will collaborate with business partners to ensure that the credit and collections process functions smoothly and efficiently. This role will be instrumental in the collections of outstanding accounts receivable and all other aspects of collections. You will be responsible for resolving customer billing issues and for reducing accounts receivable delinquency, along with other credit management functions.
We are looking for a highly-organized, self-motivated individual who has a proven capability of prioritizing multiple responsibilities while meeting goals and deadlines. This role will be a key contributor to an exciting, fast-paced, high growth organization. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and a desire to help strengthen our collection process to scale with the company’s long-term goals.
- Perform analysis of collection practices and develop process improvements
- Work with our internal sales team and outside customers to resolve billing issues
- Perform outbound collections in a professional manner with a focus on customer service
- Analyze delinquent accounts, prepare weekly reports on high risk accounts and make resolution recommendations
- Prepare and analyze reports for bad debt- assist with invoices, credit memos and other adjustments as necessary
- Assist with external audits through PBC generation
- Assist with the tax withholdings process including generating the relevant postings
- Participate in and support systems improvements and focus on streamlining the collection process
- Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for ongoing credit and collection activities
- Aid in the development, testing and documentation of internal controls
- Aid in the coaching and development of junior staff
- 5+ years of billings and collections experience along with high-tech industry experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and verbal, and strong customer service approach
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and be able to change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment within minimal supervision
- Order-to-cash business process management experience a plus
- Must have strong Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.