HR Generalist, International
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for a solution-orientated HR Generalist to support our rapid international growth. This role will require you to demonstrate expertise in generalist HR activities across multiple geographies internationally whilst being employee and business focused.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Director of HR, International on initiatives that enable growth of the International teams
- Partner with the U.S. teams to roll out programs consistent with the business and culture of the company
- First point of contact for employees and managers for HR guidance and support
- Provide coaching to managers on employee relations matters, compensation, career path and training
- Research local employment practices and assist in set-up of programs for international locations including new entities and identification of local statutory requirements
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- On-boarding and Off-boarding activities for new hires and contingent workers.
- Special projects which support our HR centres of excellence (such as HRIS for example)
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in human resources
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail and an unwavering sense of humour
- Customer Service and communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Competency in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas and instructions
- In-depth research ability to find data to support and make decisions, articulate the business reasons and sell programs to the management team
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs and Sheets
- Ability to pivot and adapt to new processes as needed
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.