Instructor Solution Architect
North America, US
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is seeking for a world-class technical Solution Architect to be part of a team that is enabling Snowflake’s global partner ecosystem.
Reporting to the Director of Partner Enablement you will be responsible for providing the technical training and expertise to make Snowflake’s Solution partners, as well as our customers successful. This role will require a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc.
Our ideal candidate has the insight to make the connection between a specific business problems and Snowflake’s solution, as well as the skills to communicate that connection and vision to highly skilled partners.
As our Instructor Solution Architect you must have the desire to share our passion about reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Snowflake and our partners successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource in the data ecosystem.
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to technical contributors at System Integrator partners
- Work hands-on with System Integrator consultants and leaders to help them deliver high quality Snowflake solutions from concept to design and implementation and operations
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors
- Train System Integrator consultants at a deep technical level to successfully position and deploy Snowflake in customer environments
- This position may require up to 50% travel, including some international travel
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Ability to onboard and train system integrators
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, …)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, …)
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.