Data / Analytics Engineer, Growth
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs and help build data products that inform our Growth, Sales, and Marketing strategy.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
Minimum Qualifications - 2+ years experience with
- Writing SQL statements.
- Schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Object-oriented programming languages.
- Analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- The data warehouse space.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience with data visualization.
- 4+ years experience using Python.
- Must have Airflow
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.