Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Are you interested in a unique opportunity to work on a truly disruptive, 100% cloud based software service?
We’re growing again and looking for a talented Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our fast growing Bellevue, WA office. Our SREs possess a strong background in systems engineering, problem solving, automation and orchestration, systems administration and network engineering. It is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact to our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment.
Our Ideal Senior Site Reliability Engineer will have:
- 5+ years experience in cloud infrastructure deployment
- Strong fundamental understanding of the Linux operating system
- Extremely strong problem solving skills
- Long track record of providing online services at scale
- Prior experience working alongside a software engineering team that is developing and supporting a complicated technical product
- Strong programming skills
- Significant prior experience with an automation and/or orchestration framework, e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Fabric, Capistrano, etc…
Bonus points for experience with:
- Prior hands on experience programming and/or supporting Java, C++, and Python based applications
- Amazon Web Services or competing cloud providers
- Prior usage of a time-series based monitoring / observability platform
- In-depth experience with a operating system and network security
- Able to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue, WA office
- Able to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.