Senior Content Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We need a Senior Content Marketing Manager to help execute and accelerate Snowflake’s content marketing strategy. You will lead the production of marketing content, report to the Head of Content Marketing, and work closely with the Demand Gen, Product Marketing, Partner Marketing, Field Marketing, Social Media Marketing and PR to envision and create rich, high-quality content. If you're passionate about producing content for IT and data management professionals, and CXO audiences, and you enjoy and excel at producing all forms of content marketing assets, this is an opportunity for you!
Please submit 3-5 published content assets that you’ve authored with your application
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to develop, edit, and optimize thought leadership and mid-funnel content to reach IT, CXO and data management professionals to increase awareness, generate leads, and nurture prospects.
- Help develop and manage Snowflake’s editorial calendar.
- Influence marketing program plans, including all related promotional tactics and copy, to enhance the reach and visibility of all created assets.
- Collaborate with all other marketing teams to assist in their content production and strategize with them so their content integrates with the Snowflake’s overall content marketing strategy.
- Identify opportunities to repurpose existing marketing assets into other forms of content, updating and modifying them as needed.
- Leverage SEO insights to attract prospects and customers to relevant, timely and evidence-based content to help move them through the sales funnel.
- Work with external vendors to ensure content is on-brand, with a consistent style, quality and tone, and optimized for search and social promotion.
You will have:
- 12+ year’s experience writing, editing and curating impactful, informative and evidence-based content such as white papers, ebooks, blog posts, web pages, infographics, presentations, case studies, videos, and webinars.
- Seasoned project management skills, a strong sense of initiative, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure, while juggling and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Proven ability to conduct content reviews, SME interviews, and content audits and inventories.
- Superior copy editing and proofreading skills that brings content from okay to good, and good to great.
- A self-starter and a solid team player who owns his or her success metrics.
- Proven track record of successful content marketing campaigns.
- Strong management and mentoring skills, including managing SMEs, contractors, and consultants.
- Knowledge and application of website analytics, data management and Search Engine Optimization.
- Working knowledge of SaaS-based content marketing and content management solutions.
- Experience marketing in the data warehouse, BI, data analytics or ETL technologies.
- Experience working within a style guide.
- Comfortable working in a small but rapidly evolving company environment.
- A leader who wants to advance their career with a company that is growing in all the right ways.
- Fantastic people skills. You find satisfaction in collaborating with and helping others.
- BS/BA in Marketing, Journalism, PR, or Communications preferred.
- Experience as a journalist, news editor or bureau chief.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.