QA Infrastructure and Test Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are seeking Software Development Engineering Lead with expertise in backend database test automation frameworks, advanced testing (system/load/failure injection) in continuous integration/deployment environment. In this role, you will design frameworks, formulate testing strategies and develop tools to have robust automated testing pipelines for Snowflake Data warehouse. This position will require excellent technical skills with prior experience testing complicated systems at scale.
- Lead engineering efforts from planning to execution and delivery for solving complex engineering problems in tools and testing
- Identify, design and develop tooling and automation needed for rapid iterative testing to facilitate weekly releases and ensure deployment of quality software in cloud
- Develop test plans and strategies for new Snowflake features and enhancements to ensure high quality
- Utilize your deep experience and problem-solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
- Mentor new hires by providing technical guidance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Fluency with one or more of scripting/object-oriented language such as Python, Java and building/testing RESTful web services
- Knowledgeable about database/data warehousing
- Hands-on experience with testing methodologies (white box, black box, performance, stress testing and failure injection)
- Fundamental understanding of Linux systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of GIT, JIRA, and Jenkins
- Experience with SaaS and cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google cloud
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.