Marketing Communications Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is experiencing exponential growth and we are expanding our Marketing Communications team to help us scale. We need an Marketing Communications Specialist to help execute and accelerate Snowflake’s Analyst Relations and Social Media Programs. This is an onsite, full-time position at our HQ location in San Mateo, CA.
As an Marketing Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for managing and driving Snowflake’s Analyst Relations engagement strategy. You will also be managing Snowflake’s social media programs to build strong online communities through various social media platforms.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Marketing Communications, and work closely with our Demand Generation, Content, Product Marketing, Alliances and Field Marketing teams. If you are a detail-oriented self-starter with a strategic mind, strong relationship-building skills, and a track record of executing successful analyst relations and social media programs, this is a great opportunity for you!
As an Marketing Communications Specialist, you will:
Analyst Relations Program:
- Manage relationships with top industry analysts and help lay out a strategy for updating and influencing the top tier
- Manage Snowflake’s participation and elevate the company’s position in key analyst reports
- Run analyst briefings and inquiries
- Build a portfolio of customer case studies to share with the analyst community
- Respond to competitive reports in collaboration with Product Marketing using the utmost rigor and accurate data
- Advise spokespeople about how to engage with analysts including reviewing presentations, providing insight on analysts' interest and hot buttons
- Synthesize reports and findings into easily consumable content for marketing, sales, product development, and other internal constituents
- Recommend and manage adjunct analyst activities such as webinars, papers, commissioned studies
- Collaborate across-organizations and functions to support marketing and sales enablement objectives
Social Media Program:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, bench marking, messaging and audience identification
- Day-to-day management across our social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram), which includes daily posting, responding and monitoring of all channels
- Act as community manager across all platforms, promote positive brand conversation and engagement and address feedback per company protocol
- Be responsible for proactive media, blogger and influencer outreach to drive brand awareness, amplify exposure for the Snowflake brand
- Develop social media campaigns for new product launches and other marketing initiatives.
- Develop Social Media Guidelines and ensure that employees follow them
- Collect, review and report on social media data to develop more effective campaigns
- Develop monthly reports on emerging social media trends and analyze the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy
Our Marketing Communications Specialist will be:
- Highly organized, self-directed and passionate about showcasing Snowflake’s amazing momentum to industry analysts and online communities
- Seasoned project management skills, a strong sense of initiative, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure, while juggling and meeting multiple deadlines
- 3-4 years of experience managing Analyst Relations and Social Media programs either in-house or at a PR agency
- Comfortable working in a small but VERY rapidly growing company environment
- Excellent communication skills and very strong writing skills
- Creative thinker with both short and long-term strategic vision to help reach marketing goals
- A team player with a strong history of execution and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Analytical skills to measure and report on the efficacy of A/R and Social media campaigns
- Ability to articulate and discuss basic technical concepts with industry analysts
- Passion for technology and communications
- In-depth knowledge of Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook in addition to each of their ad buying platforms
- Quick responder: Always-on social media channels and email
- Have 'finger on the pulse' of social trends, new platform features and best practices
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.