Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Data Infrastructure, you will:
- Identify the key design/implementation areas to ensure the systems/services’ reliability and freshness of the data.
- Design and build monitoring and alerting solutions for our key services.
- Reduce the operational overhead of running a large scale and mission critical data infra.
- Identify gas in our data infrastructure and design/implement key components.
- Build dashboards to make data infra a one-stop shop for engineers to diagnose issues.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following experiences:
- 10+ years of experience in distributed systems, some of which are in the data warehouse or data infrastructure software development.
- Experience in troubleshooting large scale data platforms, such as event streaming, ingestion, and data pipelines.
- Experience in building dashboards for diagnostics.
- Strong development skills in Java, Python, and SQL.
- Experience with Spark and Presto is a bonus.
- Front end development experience is a big plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.