Customer Technical Support Specialist - University Graduate (Entry Level)
Customer Technical Support
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for entry-level engineers who like working with data and solving a wide variety of issues. Some technical experience having worked on data warehouse or cloud technologies is required.
As a Customer Technical Support Specialist, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of Snowflake Data Warehouse. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into Snowflake’s product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team.
As a Customer Technical Support Specialist at Snowflake you will:
- Provide email, web, and phone support to Snowflake customers and partners
- Utilize Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
Our ideal Customer Technical Support Specialist will have:
- An understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Knowledge of SQL data types/functions and writing SQL queries
- Exposure to or experience working with at least one of the following cloud ecosystems: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to troubleshoot database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Ability to troubleshoot on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have sufficient knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: Ruby, Go, Python, Java, .Net, NodeJS, R
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an attention to detail
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field (no more than 6 months post-graduation)
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Supporting applications running on either Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Virtualization solutions (VMware, Docker, VirtualBox, etc)
- Cloud computing security concepts
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.