Director, Snowflake People Operations
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The People Operations Director will build and lead a team responsible for driving the selection and implementation of technologies and systems, designing tools and processes, scaling and delivering people analytics, global mobility, HR project management and compliance. They will build an innovative strategy and flexible roadmap to scale and support a larger company, while addressing immediate needs in a fast-moving, dynamic environment. Workday implementation is on the immediate roadmap.
This role will support company growth by building back office support for hiring across all disciplines. The successful candidate will work closely with the recruiting team and other departments to implement and maintain best practices and facilitate a continuous process of successful hiring, including support for immigration, background checks, and relationships with LinkedIn, Glassdoor and other key partners and vendors.
Specific Examples of Responsibilities
- Build and lead the People Operations team by serving as hiring manager, team builder and coach. Managers at Snowflake are responsible for strengthening and supporting our people, our values and our culture. They work with their teams to get things done with excellence while embracing each other’s differences and helping make each of us the best we can be.
- Support the Performance Management and Talent Acquisition processes and find ways to streamline the processes through systems and tools. Define, track, and analyze HR operations metrics to monitor and improve performance.
- Partner with IT and other stakeholders to implement Workday, evaluate current systems, processes and tools, and recommend a roadmap for future needs as we scale the company.
- Define and develop a people analytics function to establish metrics and reporting to support data-driven decision-making within HR and across executive leadership.
- Serve as HR policy lead. Ensure HR compliance with all policies, regulations and requirements in all domestic jurisdictions, and establish and support processes for maintaining HR policies globally. Ensure the confidentiality, accuracy, security, and timely maintenance of HR data.
- Establish global mobility and relocation policies and practices. Manage contracts, key vendor relationships (Workday, ADP, Lever, background checks etc). Support growth into new countries.
- Self-confident with an appropriate sense of urgency, outstanding organizational skills, and demonstrated experience managing high volume tasks and projects with excellence
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills. Customer service orientation.
- Highly resourceful, and extremely effective as an independent individual performer and team player
- Seasoned people manager with a strong track record of growing and developing talent. Demonstrated ability to attract and hire strong performers
- Solution-oriented, critical thinker with strong collaborative problem solving skills. Excellent at framing as well as solving problems
- Demonstrated experience scaling HR systems in a high growth, fast-moving global company environment
- Strong systems thinker able to recognize, plan for and address near and long term interdependencies and requirements. Pragmatic ability and excellent judgement to make short term decisions and recommendations that address immediate challenges while positioning the company for future challenges as we scale
- 10+ years experience working with HR systems. Deep understanding of HR back office functions. Direct experience with Workday preferred.
- Excellent project manager
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion and good judgement
- Demonstrated passion for data, metrics and human capital analytics
- Ability to embrace Snowflake values and have fun helping us scale!
- BA/BS/Masters degree or equivalent experience required
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.