IT Site Coordinator
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for a hands-on, startup-savvy IT Site Coordinator to join our Amsterdam team. This position will work across the company to install and manage IT systems, including centralized authentication, SaaS providers, VPN, corporate networking, and Mac Desktops to ensure our IT infrastructure is world-class.
This person will closely interact with and support the sales, finance, marketing, HR, and engineering teams. The person we’re looking for thrives in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup. That means being extremely hands-on with a willingness to jump in and get done what is needed in order to make Snowflake successful.
- Work with local department managers and to analyze and resolve problems associated with technical issues, and recommend solutions for changing needs
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Support via helpdesk ticketing system (Service Now) and understand when to escalate priority issues
- Develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to remote IT support
- Actively participate as a Global IT member and participate on global projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple problems and issues with minimal supervision, excellent organizational skills, a teamwork approach to work but also act independently to solve problems when necessary
- Ability to follow standard helpdesk procedures and quickly redirect problems to appropriate resources when needed
- Good oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Candidate must have basic ability to manage projects and understanding of project methodology
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, resiliency in the face of continual change, and ability to handle high demands
- Minimum of 5 + years’ experience supporting Information Technology infrastructure
- Experience with Mac OS systems at the user level
- Experience with change control policies and procedures
- Experience administering small-size corporate server rooms
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and after-hours work. Must be periodically on call for after-hours support
- Office 365 Administration
- Google Administration
- Slack Administration
- Service Now
- Familiar with Confluence and JIRA
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.