Senior Enterprise Commercial Counsel
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is seeking an experienced Senior Enterprise Commercial Counsel to support a wide range of complex enterprise transactional matters. You will be joining a growing team, reporting directly to an Associate General Counsel. This is a high visibility role with ample opportunities for professional growth as our company rapidly scales. Snowflake is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company with cutting-edge data privacy and security issues. If you are a talented legal professional in the tech industry with strong negotiation experience, we’d love to hear from you.
As Senior Enterprise Commercial Counsel you will:
- Work closely with the Sales teams on top strategic enterprise transactions that drive the company’s revenues
- Structure, negotiate, and close complex transactional agreements with a focus on outbound global agreements with enterprise customers, such as master SaaS agreements, enterprise purchasing agreements, support agreements, data privacy agreements, and evaluation agreements
- Work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Help to manage our strategy for international data privacy
- Develop and deliver training on legal issues and contract processes
- Review and negotiate other buy-side agreements as needed
Our ideal Senior Enterprise Commercial Counsel will have:
- Managing experience preferred
- 15+ years of commercial legal experience, preferably in-house with a successful, high-growth enterprise SaaS company
- Excellent negotiation skills with large enterprise companies
- Strong experience scaling sales and legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Knowledge of worldwide data privacy regulations
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- Government contracting a plus
- The ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment and alignment with our Snowflake values
- Service-oriented, professional and strong integrity
- A JD degree from a leading school
- Bar membership sufficient to practice in-house in the relevant jurisdiction
- A sense of humor!
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.