Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Join the Snowflake Legal team and help us scale our legal department as we grow! We are looking for an experienced attorney to join our expanding legal team and work closely with our sales and alliances teams to negotiate deals with customers and partners.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to high visibility, high impact projects at a very exciting time for the company. Snowflake is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are an energetic, self-managed professional with deep experience negotiating enterprise SaaS deals in a fast-paced environment, we'd love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the development of the legal department at Snowflake as we ramp to support Snowflake’s rapidly expanding business. A significant part of the job will consist of reviewing, negotiating and drafting agreements for sales transactions and supporting Snowflake’s worldwide sales, services, partner alliances, support organizations and channel distribution programs, as well as new product expansion. This individual must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to take a leadership role in identifying and resolving legal issues, drafting and negotiating contracts, and balancing legal and business concerns. Experience with issues pertaining to SaaS, data privacy and cloud computing, including sales and support of products, development, IP, commercial law and revenue recognition is required. Candidates should work well in a fast-paced, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals, and have the ability to communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Sales teams on top strategic enterprise transactions that drive the company’s revenues
- Structure, negotiate, and close complex transactional agreements with a focus on outbound global agreements with enterprise customers, such as master SaaS agreements, enterprise purchasing agreements, support agreements, data privacy agreements, and evaluation agreements
- Work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Help to manage our strategy for international data privacy
- Develop and deliver training on legal issues and contract processes
- Review and negotiate other buy-side agreements as needed
What we require:
- 5+ years of commercial legal experience, preferably in-house with a successful, high-growth enterprise SaaS company
- Excellent negotiation skills with large enterprise companies
- Strong experience scaling sales and legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Knowledge of worldwide data privacy regulations
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- Government contracting a plus
- The ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment and alignment with our Snowflake values
- Service-oriented, professional and strong integrity
- A JD degree from a leading school
- Bar membership sufficient to practice in-house in the relevant jurisdiction
- A sense of humor!
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.