Sr Director, Product Marketing, Data Warehouse Modernization
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Are you looking to be part of the team that is shaking up the data management and analytics industry? Do you want to help define and drive the go to market strategy and execution for Snowflake’s data warehouse as a service? We’re growing fast and looking for a highly talented, driven and self-motivated individual who will lead a product marketing team to even greater success. Over 1,000 customers have deployed Snowflake to modernize how they access all their data, enable rapid analytics, and derive data-driven insights for their business users. In this role you will help drive the next wave of adoption. You will help Snowflake transform how organizations of all sizes and industries derive value from their data in the cloud era.
In this critical role you will:
- Build and execute a go to market strategy and plan for data warehouse modernization.
- Manage and build a team of product marketers focused on the core cloud data warehouse service.
- Deliver compelling messaging that reinforces Snowflake’s unique brand and value proposition.
- Produce content (e.g. case studies, demos sales enablement material, product videos, web copy, white papers) that communicates our unique capabilities in customer language.
- Train and partner with sales and partners to accelerate sales and differentiate against competitors.
- Work with product and global marketing teams to drive field marketing, online events and measurement of these marketing activities.
- Communicate customer requirements and provide input to product management on product enhancements and future product direction.
- Develop market intelligence, acting as buyers' guiding expert. Conduct surveys and interviews to build expertise in the market, customers and competitive landscape.
- Speak and present both externally and internally to promote your solution and customers' stories.
- Engage industry analysts to communicate Snowflake’s strategy, roadmap, unique value proposition and customer success
- Be a strong leader and excellent communicator who can engage leaders and teams across functions.
- Be an ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven 10+ years’ overall experience in product marketing or related functions in high tech
- Cross-functional team management, influence without authority, including senior management
- Excellent speaking, writing and communication skills including experience to large audiences
- Analytical mindset, assembling and interpreting data, building summaries with actionable insights
- Proven ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- Strong project and organizational skills with ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- An ability to thrive and lead in a fast-paced startup environment
- Expertise with data warehousing and analytics technology
- BS/BA degree in a related technical field
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time
Bonus points for the following:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure or SaaS products (e.g., Azure, AWS, Salesforce, Google)
- MBA degree (strongly preferred)
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.