Technical Marketing Manager, Data Warehouse
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Are you looking to be part of a pioneering team that is shaking up the data management and analytics industry? Do you want to blaze new trails and drive technical marketing strategy and execution for Snowflake’s data warehouse as a service? Do you have a passion for enabling and engaging customers and sellers with compelling technical content? With well over 1,000 customers, we’re growing very rapidly. We’re looking for a unique, highly talented and self-motivated individual who will deliver high-quality product marketing results.
In this role, you will help contribute to the next wave of adoption for Snowflake:
- Produce compelling content that communicates our unique technical capabilities in customer language. Content will be focused on technical audiences and can include reference architectures, how to content, sales engineering enablement material, product videos, white papers, demos, and more.
- Train and partner with technical sales personnel, partners and customer success teams to accelerate sales, drive adoption and differentiate against competitors.
- Speak and present both externally and internally to promote Snowflake’s technical capabilities and differentiation in the market, including at Summit our first ever user conference.
- Communicate customer requirements and provide input to product management on product enhancements and future product direction.
- Develop compelling technical content that demonstrates how Snowflake works with our ecosystem of partners.
- Partner with product, competitive and content marketing teams to publish technical content
- Be a strong leader and excellent communicator who can engage leaders and teams across functions.
- Be an ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
- Develop market/competitive intelligence, acting as our thought leader and expert in the data lake space.
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage internal leaders and teams across functions and who can engage external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of proven product marketing experience, or related, in high tech
- Technical- and business-benefit understanding of prevailing and emerging data warehouse technologies, on-premises and in the cloud
- Strong project and organizational skills with ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- Analytical mindset, interpreting and summarizing data with actionable insights
- A command for writing with excellent composition skills
- Proven ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS/BA degree in a related technical field
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of time
Bonus points for the following:
- Sales engineering experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, BI and SQL tools (e.g., AWS Redshift / S3, Azure SQL, Google, Salesforce, Tableau, et. al)
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.