San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake’s unique architecture allows us to maintain an agile delivery cadence while still providing a very high degree of stability and reliability for customers. As a Release Engineer, you will be part of the team helping Snowflake continue to grow and scale. In particular, you will:
- Support a continuous build, automated testing and release infrastructure.
- Identify and implement process improvements in the release pipeline.
- Establish change validation to minimize/eliminate surprises.
- Be responsible for the source code change management and branching
Our ideal candidate will have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or higher.
- Strong Unix/Linux, shell scripting skills required.
- Familiarity with OSX, Windows is desirable.
- Experience in automation of release/build processes is preferred.
- Available off hours for hot-fix, patches, etc.
- Detail-oriented, able to grasp/plan/track/execute processes quickly and reliably.
- Able to carry out multiple concurrent tasks, and adapt to varying priorities.
- 5+ years of experience in Release Engineering, configuration management or software engineering.
- Familiarity with Jenkins desired.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), cloud-based infrastructure systems a plus.
Why join the Engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our Engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Be part of the team building an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Learn and contribute in building truly innovative ways of delivering solutions to customers.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.