Director, Partner Fund
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is experiencing exponential growth and we are adding talent to help us scale. We need an experienced Partner Fund Director to manage Snowflake’s strategic partners investment as well as create new funds and discounting structures for the future.
The Partner Fund Director is a critical role with a task of both managing existing partner fund programs as well as creating the partner funds and discounts of the future. This person will be a dynamic leader with the capability to both deliver big ideas and have the detail nature to identify areas of improvement in existing fund programs ripe for refinement. Snowflake is looking for a person who is analytical in nature but also has executive presence in delivering new partner financial concepts to Snowflake Leadership.
As the Partner Fund Director you will be accountable for the following:
- Snowflake is a 100% cloud native Data Warehouse solution originally built on AWS and now supporting Azure and Google Cloud. As a result, we co-invest to deliver customer POCs with our Cloud partners and leverage Cloud Vendor Credits across all three Cloud vendors. The Partner Fund Director would improve and refine the cloud credit program including T&C’s of how these credits can be best used and ROI reporting to drive successful joint sales with each cloud vendor and their unique use cases.
- Snowflake currently has a strong performing referral program where partners around the world can register potential opportunities and work with a Snowflake rep to close opportunities and receive a referral fee. The Fund Director will be accountable for the current program and the future development of increased capability of the program.
- Not all partners can or want to receive referral fees. In this case the Partner Fund Director will be accountable for ensuring we have other ways besides cash that a partner can leverage their referral fees on areas like increase education certification costs, professional services and Solution Architect support.
- The Fund Director will work with the Pricing Council to propose and get approval on future partner discounting schemes.
- Consumption is key for Cloud vendors and the Partner Fund Manager will look to Partner Consumption program rewarding partners for driving consumption of Snowflake.
- Working with Finance, Legal and Sales Operations to not only develop and Manage Fund programs but also to enhance and further strengthen existing programs as well
Our ideal Partner Fund Director will have:
- 10+ years working either for a partner organization and/or vendor partner organization preferably with corporate HQ partner experience at a vendor
- Cloud vendor experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Team management skills are a plus
- Extensive partner incentive and discounting background
- Strong analytical skills with a capability of building out models for future fund initiatives with little past performance as many programs will be new to the company
- Pricing Committee experience either as a pricing committee member or presenting multiple concepts to for approval by the committee
- Strong executive presentation skills to not only be able to build the analytics and models as well as performance reporting but also to explain new concepts and trends and proposals to executives for review.
- Ability to understand the details of the operational functionality of a program in order to be a fund program business sponsor for Partner Operations
- Extensive background in compiling and reporting on program performance
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.com.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Best Places to Work in 2015 and 2016. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.