Senior University Recruiter
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for a dynamic University Recruiter to join our recruiting team in San Mateo, CA. If you are passionate about making an impact, are willing to jump in and help build our university hiring capacity, and want to be part of a startup company that is going to write history, we’d like to hear from you!
As a University Recruiter at Snowflake you will:
- Source and build our candidate pipeline for technical software engineering roles for both intern and full-time positions
- Navigate the competitive landscape for hiring university talent for both technical and non-technical roles
- Manage the the applicant flow from college programs
- Build strong partnerships with key contacts at targeted universities
- Interview and assess candidates for skill fit for various roles
- Partner with other Snowflake team members and hiring managers to collaborate on university recruiting efforts
- Manage experience for students throughout their internship, including onboarding performance evaluation, and conversion process
- Plan, coordinate, and attend university events including: career fairs, speaking engagements, company overviews, and other hiring activities
- Understand how to recruit high caliber students and develop sophisticated closing strategies that seek for matching fit and motivation rather than focusing on selling alone
- Ensure smooth candidate transition and consistent candidate experience
- Track, monitor, and provide metrics around university recruiting efforts, identifying trends or areas of improvement
- Help build and manage the university talent and employment brand
Our ideal Recruiter will have:
- 3+ years of full lifecycle experience with in-house corporate technical university recruiting (enterprise level or startup preferred)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of success in maintaining high volume, complex candidate pipelines
- Creativity, flexibility, and the innate ability to problem-solve complex problems and navigate complicated situations with ease
- A can-do attitude and the drive to roll up your sleeves and contribute to all parts of the university recruiting process
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work with cross-functional partners to drive projects toward completion
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders, across all levels
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills - self directed/accountable
- Ability to travel to universities, conferences, and Snowflake offices as needed, including during peak recruitment season (~20% overall)
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.