Data Platform QA Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake started with a vision to revolutionize data processing. We have formed a cool team and built a cool enterprise product as a service in the cloud. We always strive to make it better and we are working across the industry to build our capacity to serve our customers and partners.
Data Platform Team is looking for a QA engineer to provide quality engineering for features like data ELT services, client drivers, partner connectors built in house and 3rd party tools validations. This role will build and automate test suites to ensure the functionalities, driver standard compliance, correctness, performance of the features built by the team and make sure they work as expected when used in combination with other features. This role will also build and automate test suites to make sure our client technologies work well in commonly used environment in terms of operating system, networking, firewall/proxy and against any cloud providers including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. In addition, this role will build stress tests and fault tolerance tests to identify bugs and improvement areas for ELT services.
- Design, develop, automate and monitor tests for data ELT services, client drivers, partner connectors built in house and 3rd party tools validations. You would work closely with the developers to understand architecture details of components, provide feedback on edge cases and play a major role in shaping features.
- Work with the infrastructure team, release team and operation team to identify acceptance tests required and build them.
- Assist engineering to reproduce customer issues by installing tools used by customers to facilitate debugging and fix validation.
- Design and build robust test automation frameworks (Simplicity and Reliability are key factors).Incorporate modern software Quality Engineering practices and Test Automation technologies.
- Work on fast iteration cycles and tight deadlines using an agile/scrum methodology.
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- Knowledge of software engineering, operating system, database, networking and modern software Quality Engineering practices, approaches and Test Automation technologies.
- Proficient coding skills in Python/Java/C++. Passionate in delivering quality products and have the attitude of automating everything.
- Comfortable with Linux environments, Mac OS, Windows and scripting experience.
- Services mindset.
- Proficiency in setting up Continuous Integration/Deployment processes, e.g., JenkinsProficiency in building and orchestrating container based test automations, e.g., Kubernetes Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, or Cloud based infrastructure systems is a plus.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills. Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.