San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
Join the Snowflake Finance team and help us scale our finance and accounting operations with our rapid growth! We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to support our rapidly growing finance team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this unique role is responsible for a series of interesting, high visibility projects that can help Snowflake scale as we grow.
As a Senior Accountant/Analyst you will:
- You will partner with our Sr. Financial Analyst and assist in infrastructure costs accounting, including COGS analysis, for business planning and senior management
- Perform capitalized software development costs analyses
- Review shared cost allocations
- Execute financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- You will oversee other accounting staff to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables, including providing improvements on the close calendar
- Assist in international accounting per intercompany agreements
- Assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules and responding to audit inquiries
- Assist in month end close (i.e. accruals, prepare workpapers for schedules for monthly reconciliations)
- Other assignments as required
You will have:
- BA or BS in accounting or related discipline
- 5-7 years finance/accounting experience, audit experience a plus.
- Certified public accountant (CPA) a plus
- Experience in Workday Financials a plus
- Have a burning curiosity to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Validated skills in Excel, cost analysis and modeling preferred.
- Have a natural knack of being self-motivated, lead with strong work ethic, capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize priorities, and effectively handle deadlines.
- Shown ability to work effectively in a team environment and have strong rapport with the management team and colleagues.
- Ability to run multiple projects.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Confirmed commitment and alignment with our Snowflake values.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.