Partner Solutions Architect
West Coast (Bay Area, Seattle or Denver)
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for a world-class technical Solution Architect to be part of a team that is enabling Snowflake’s global partner ecosystem. They will be responsible for providing the technical training and expertise to make Snowflake’s Solution partners, as well as our customers successful. This role will require a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc. The ideal candidate will have the insight to make the connection between a specific business problems and Snowflake’s solution, as well as the skills to communicate that connection and vision to highly skilled partners.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion about reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Snowflake and our partners successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource in the data ecosystem. And it means working collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the company.
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to technical contributors at System Integrator partners
- Work hands-on with System Integrator prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Snowflake technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them
- Train System Integrator consultants at a deep technical level, including delivering week long trainings on a consistent basis in both your home geographies and traveling to support these worldwide
- This position may require up to 75% travel, including significant international travel
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events.
- Ability to onboard and train system integrators and technology partners
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
Added Bonus For:
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, …)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, …)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data Pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
- Proven success at enterprise software
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.