Global Workplace Facilities Supervisor
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
About Global Workplace
The Global Workplace Team’s mission is to create an environment for our high performing teams that allows them to realize their true potential. An environment that promotes speed of information exchange and ideas. A sustainable environment that aligns with our environmental values and leadership. We’re disruptors and innovators, driven to provide a truly outstanding workplace environment, programs and services.
Snowflake has an opening in our San Mateo, CA office for an adaptable, proactive and diligent Facilities Supervisor.
You are an extremely thorough self-starter who possess outstanding facility management & organizational skills, and who demonstrates diligence and attention to detail. You will shepherd and coordinate to the successful completion of numerous projects spanning the Global Workplace organization across North America. You will be comfortable taking the initiative to drive results with minimal supervision, be solution-oriented, deal with ambiguity, rapid changes in priorities and short deadlines, and have the ability to coordinate with multiple cross-functional internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
Reporting to the Workplace Operations Director you will supervise a variety of facility support functions and duties including;
- Supervise, hire and mentor the facility team
- Develop and manage repairs and preventative maintenance programs
- Develop programs for and coordinate electrical, mechanical, plumbing and HVAC infrastructure repairs and maintenance
- Manage shipping and receiving of goods, including handling deliveries and freight
- Supervise facility support for events and meetings, including physical movement of furniture, equipment, boxes and materials as needed for meeting and conference room set-ups, events, employee moves adds and changes, office and other supplies
- Supervise and perform as-needed cleaning of the facility and premises beyond the regular custodial services performed by the cleaning staff including trash/debris removal, emptying receptacles, mopping and drying, etc
- Assist with sub-tenant move-in/out
- New office commissioning and decommissioning at the end of a lease
- General equipment and furniture inventory management, utilization and moves
- Performing minor repairs of the facilities and premises, including painting, patching, office and kitchen equipment, furniture, ceiling tiles, carpeting, etc
- Undertaking physical inspection of the facilities and premises and prioritizing maintenance as appropriate
- Develop and ensure all building and maintenance policies, procedures, codes, regulations, etc. are followed and enforced including life safety and other systems
- With support from Workplace Operations, prioritize work, handle urgent requests as required, and complete any and all assigned facility support, clean-up, maintenance, moving, event support, set-up, and repair work
- Participate in ERT Program
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years facility or construction supervision experience
- Vocational or formal education in facility or construction management and be able to prove the necessary experience to handle the variety of tasks listed
- People management experience - hiring, mentoring and leading
- Be an extremely adaptable, self-starter with excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrable ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and demands
- An excellent communicator and leader
- Willing to travel as necessary, and supervise work performed remotely
- Highly proficient with project management tools, Excel and the Office Suite, and at developing reports and presentations
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.