Revenue Manager (6-month contract)
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re growing and looking for a driven Revenue Accounting Operations Manager to come aboard for a 6-month project. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and is responsible for ensuring the integrity of worldwide revenue accounting and order-to-cash operations by providing leadership, accounting expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, with in-depth knowledge of accounting operations and experience in managing teams in a public/large private company environment. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be detail oriented and hands-on.
What you'll do:
- Manage the execution of monthly global revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with US GAAP and ASC 606.
- Responsible for managing revenue accounting operations, and review of global revenue, deferred revenue, journals, account reconciliation and fluxes.
- Lead the implementation of best practices in revenue team to scale our business and global revenue expansion.
- Ensure compliance with internal requirements and develop/refine revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Liaise with other teams on policies, processes, and programs, for example, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, and Financial Reporting.
- Work closely with key business owners to drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Ensure information systems are adequate for the volume and complexity of transactions as well as for analyzing financial data.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years related revenue accounting experience with global public/private company, with at least 5 years in the technology sector.
- Experience at a public company in global revenue team preferred.
- Workday experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company.
- Makes sound decisions on routine matters in support of immediate work group’s goals.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.