Director of Internal Communications
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake’s mission is to enable every organization to be data-driven with instant elasticity, secure data sharing and per-second pricing, across multiple clouds. Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Here at Snowflake, we are looking for a Director of Communications to join our growing Marketing team that can bring the enthusiastic drive and experience to build our communications function. You have the background in crafting communications strategies to inform, motivate, and delight audiences (both internally and externally); skillfully manage and partner with executives on their communications; and roll up your sleeves to get work done.
As our Snowflake Communications Director, you will:
- Develop and execute a global internal and executive communications strategy to support Snowflake’s short- and long-term goals. Includes building and managing:
- You will design and execute an executive communications platform, drive a cohesive voice/narrative in support of Snowflake’s mission and value proposition through: writing speeches, building presentations, emails, blogs just to name a few.
- Use your expertise with evaluating speaking opportunities; preparing and coaching speakers for high-profile presentations/events; and measuring impact of communications.
- Take the lead on executive comms planning and execution ranging from story creation, asset development, talk track development, visuals to presentations and rehearsal schedules.
- Crafting an internal/employee narrative and voice for Snowflake that is aligned with our vision, mission, values, and culture.
- Source and share compelling stories to amplify company culture, celebrate successes, and reinforce company values. Act as an internal journalist and story-teller.
- Build and execute change management and crisis communications, in collaboration with HR, PR, and marketing.
- Continually evaluate communications impact and effectiveness and adjust accordingly to mirror Snowflakes growth
- You have a hunger to stay current on trends, social issues, leadership development, to pitch content storyline ideas.
- Anticipate and proactive plan for any communications needs.
- Work regularly with executives, across functions, and across time zones.
- CEO / exec leadership team communications.
- Handle the corporate internal communications and editorial calendar; including standard communications channels and their cadence.
- Partner cross-functionally on communications within groups such as: CoS, HR, PR, Marketing and Sales.
A Communications Director at Snowflake is expected to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- 7+ years of related experience in exec and internal communications
- One of a kind communication and presentation skills
- Extraordinary executive maturity, including experience coaching leaders and handling confidential content
- Knowing your audience when building communications for when it comes to informing, interested and motivated groups
- Strong attention to detail and thrive working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- The ability to ramp quickly, work autonomously, and complete many projects simultaneously
- Skills to anticipate and plan for future needs, while continuing to execute high quality communications day-to-day
- Ability to build consensus, be persuasive, collaborate and manage others in a matrixed organization
- Experienced in a digital/technical environment preferred
- Ability to travel as needed to each speaking location to assist with backstage logistics and final preparations.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.